TAGLIATELLE WITH SCAMPI
FOR 6 SERVINGS:
- 1 ounce sweet butter
- 1 pound peeled scampi chopped in small pieces
- 4 chopped shallots
- 2 ounces brandy
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 pound tagliatelle cooked "al dente".
In a saucepan, saute the butter, scampi and shallots. Before the butter turns brown, add brandy and flamb. Add heavy cream and tomatoes. Let the sauce reduce slowly until it reaches a creamy consistency. Drain the tagliatelle, add to sauce, and toss.
RISOTTO SCAMPI AND GREEN ASPARAGUS
FOR 4 SERVINGS:
- 1/2 Kg. green thin asparagus
- 200 gr. boiled fresh scampi (without shells)
- 240 gr. rice
- 1/4 minced onion
- 1 liter of hot fish broth
- 1/2 laurel leaf
- 1/2 handful of minced parsley
- 1 table spoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 glass of dry white wine
- a touch of butter
- salt & pepper at choice
Cut to little cubes the stems of the asparagus and set aside the points. In a casserole brown the minced onion in the oil; when it is well golden add the scampi and the cubes of asparagus. Braise for a couple of minutes. Pour the white wine and let it dry.
Add the rice, the points of asparagus, the laurel leaf and pour a little of the fish broth. Go on with the cooking for about 15 minutes, always stirring and adding the broth little by little.
When it is cooked, take the casserole away from the fire, add the butter and the minced parsley, salt & pepper and whisk till it becomes creamy. Take away the laurel leaf and the risotto is ready to be served.
ROLLED SMOKED SALMON WITH CAVIAR
FOR 4 SERVINGS:
- 8 slices smoked salmon
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons fresh Beluga Malossol caviar
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the sauce: 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, 1 teaspoon prepared mustard (mild), juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper to taste
Gently fold the prepared horseradish and the caviar into the whipped cream, season with salt and pepper. Place the slices of smoked salmon flat on the work surface, spread about two teaspoons of the caviar-cream mixture over them, then roll gently. For the sauce, blend the oil with the lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well until frothy. Serve the salmon rolls on a plate, dressed with the sauce and, if you wish to give a more definite flavour, sprinkle with freshly-snipped chives.
De Stefani Winery
Fossalta di Piave, Venice 30020
Monday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Tuesday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Wednesday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Thursday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Friday830 - 1200 / 1430 - 1800
Saturday800 - 1200